Assistant Editor Opportunity with Headache® Journal
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain is recruiting trainees for the Residents & Fellows Assistant Editor Team. Applications are due April 1. Details below:
The Residents & Fellows Assistant Editor Team Headache:
The Journal of Head and Face Pain is recruiting trainees to join its Editorial Board, becoming the Resident & Fellows Assistant Editor Team. Adult neurology residents, pediatric neurology residents, postdoctoral researchers, and headache medicine fellows are eligible to apply for a 1-year term, beginning July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2022. Interested trainees must also be current American Headache Society (AHS) members, or submit for trainee membership status alongside this application.
Responsibilities will include periodic manuscript review, participation in selection of peer-reviewers, manuscript writing, recruiting others to write manuscripts, generating new ideas for the journal, social media and marketing efforts, and participation in monthly conference calls where topics related to the editorial process, headache research, and headache medical education will be covered with other members of Headache’s Editorial Board. The expected monthly time commitment is 1-3 hours.
Applicants should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Those with a strong writing ability, leadership potential, and a particular interest in headache research and medical education/teaching are particularly welcome.
- American Headache Society (AHS) trainee membership
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) -At least 1 peer-reviewed publication
- Brief personal statement (no more than 500 words): express your interest and suitability for the role; also tell us how you intend to manage the expected time commitment
- Letter of recommendation from Program Director
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by April 1, 2021.
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: February 1, 2021
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 1, 2021
- TRAINEES WILL BE NOTIFIED BY: June 1, 2021
- START DATE: July 1, 2021