2021 AHS Clinical Fellowship Award
The American Headache Society announces the availability of the 2021 Clinical Fellowship Award
We are proud to offer the 2021 American Headache Society Clinical Fellowship Award to further our mission of improving the care and lives of those living with headache disorders.
The award $50,000 fellowship will support the recipient during a 12-month period beginning July 1, 2021.
Applicants must submit the electronic application and all supporting materials no later than Sunday, November 22, 2020.
Information for Applicants
Length of tenure: The award provides funding for a 1-year fellowship.
Value: This is a $50,000 fellowship that will support the recipient during one year beginning July 1, 2021. The funds are for the recipient’s stipend and no indirect costs or overhead allowance may be charged. The awardee will also receive an invitation to the 64th Annual Scientific Meeting, where they’ll receive recognition.
Essential Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the fellowship award:
- Be an MD or DO and have a commitment from a UCNS accredited headache fellowship program
- Be licensed to practice medicine or be eligible for licensing in the United States
- Reside in the United States
- Previous recipients are eligible to reapply
Application: Each application must include:
- Updated curriculum vitae of the applicant (including a history of prior research experience and a list of publications and awards)
- Brief description of career aims and how proposed project will support these goals
- A description of the headache facility
- Letter of recommendation from educator familiar with academic potential
- Letter of recommendation from fellowship training program director
Criteria for selection are based on:
- The quality of clinical practice-based experience
- The applicant’s potential to contribute to headache medicine
Reporting: Recipients must submit a progress report after six months of work and a final report at the end of the fellowship.
This award is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Amgen, Inc.
AHS is a professional society for doctors and other health care workers specializing in studying and treating headache and migraine. The Society’s objectives are to promote the exchange of information and ideas concerning the causes and treatments of headache and related painful disorders, and to share and advance the work of its members. Learn more about the American Headache Society’s work and find out how you can become a member today.