Next Generation Migraine Therapies
The Next Generation Migraine Therapies (NGMT) initiative is a comprehensive program designed to provide a multi-faceted approach to migraine education offered at no cost to healthcare providers. Brought to you by the American Headache Society, the program covers diagnosis and treatment of migraine, and updates on the latest science.
The NGMT program is now available virtually via the AHS Education On Demand platform! The virtual program will center around pre-recorded lectures on new acute migraine treatments and prevention, behavioral approaches in migraine, and migraine diagnosis, epidemiology, and pathophysiology.
NGMT registrants will also have access to register separately for live Q&A sessions with migraine experts for additional CME via the Education On Demand platform.
Registrants are encouraged to view the On Demand content first, then register for an available Live Q&A that works for your schedule. Experts will cover various topics including the following Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you select which patients are candidates for new therapies?
- Can you safely combine CGRP therapies with other drugs?
- Can you combine a CGRP monoclonal antibody with Onabotulinum toxin A or with a CGRP receptor antagonist (gepant)?
- Can you combine a gepant with a triptan or a ditan?
- When do you recommend neuromodulation?
- What behavioral treatments work the best for people with migraine?
- Which of the newer treatment options would you consider to treat migraine during pregnancy or lactation?
- What are some treatment options for people with migraine who are above 60?
- Have these newer treatments been studied in children?
- Do the newer treatments work for menstrual migraine?
AHS gratefully acknowledges the educational support of the Next Generation Migraine Therapies Program from our industry supporters:
Allergan, an AbbVie company (NYSE: ABBV)
Eli Lilly and Company