Runnin' for Research Advocacy Award
The American Headache Society will award up to two Runnin’ for Research Advocacy Awards for the 61st Annual Scientific Meeting, July 11-14, 2019 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA, or 2019 Scottsdale Headache Symposium, November 21-24, 2019 at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn in Phoenix, AZ.
Winners will receive complimentary registration for the meeting of their choice and are eligible to receive a stipend up to $2,000 for reimbursement of expenses for hotel, travel, and meals not provided during the meeting. Winners will also receive a one-year AHS Trainee membership if not already a member of AHS, or a one-year extension of their existing AHS Trainee membership.
Criteria for selection:
- Any neurology resident may apply with preference given to applicants from cities involved in Runnin’ for Research events.
- Not have won an AHS scholarship within the past 2 years. Past winners within 2 years are not eligible to apply.
- Reside in the United States or Canada.
Applicants must submit the electronic application and all supporting materials as detailed below no later than Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
- Online application form, including:
- Summary (100 words or less) on why applicant is interested in attending an AHS meeting
- Letter of recommendation by a training director, department chair, or AHS Member
Past Award Winners
Julio Quezada, MD