AHS Emerging Leaders Program – Call for Applications
The American Headache Society is launching a program designed to identify and develop future leaders in the Society. We are encouraging young medical professionals to enter and thrive not only in the field of Headache Medicine, but within the American Headache Society.
The Emerging Leaders Program will take place Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at JW Marriott’s Desert Ridge, Phoenix. Participants will learn about opportunities within the Society to serve on committees, participate in special projects and Foundation activities. They will engage with mentors who are leaders in the society and Headache Medicine, interact with others and lay the groundwork for long-lasting and fulfilling relationships, networking opportunities and collaborations. Successful candidates will have their expenses paid for this meeting as well as complimentary registration to the Scottsdale Headache Symposium November 16-19, 2017.
- Must be 40 years or younger as of January 1, 2017
- Must be no more than 7 years of having completed training
- Can currently be 4th year Resident or Active Fellow
- Must commit to completing an agreed-upon project to present to the AHS Board of Directors June 27, 2018
Applications will be accepted beginning July 5, 2017. Applications must be completed and submitted no later than August 20, 2017. Applicants will be notified by September 15, 2017 if they are selected to participate in the 2017 program or not.
Applicants must provide:
- Complete the online application form where they will be required to upload the following:
- Letter of Interest demonstrating your interest in organizational leadership, affiliations, positions held (volunteer or paid), academic appointments and other relevant information
- Letter of support from an AHS member