The International Headache Academy is designed to inspire a long-term commitment to headache medicine in young neurologists and research scientists via an educational program focused on clinical and research aspects of the field.
The American Headache Society is dedicated to mentoring future leaders in headache medicine through both outreach and continued education.
The Eighth IHA will be held virtually on Friday, March 12 thru Saturday, March 13, 2021.
The American Headache Society is now accepting applications for the 2021 Virtual International Headache Academy which will be held March 12-13, 2021.
Interested applicants must be a PGY 3-4 Resident, headache medicine fellow, or MD and/or PhD clinician/researcher currently enrolled or within 5 years of having completed their training in the US, Canada, or Latin America.
Application and Supporting Materials
Applicants must complete an online application form and provide the following supporting materials:
- Brief academic update (presentations delivered, abstracts published, manuscripts published or in press, book chapters published or in press, academic promotion, academic appointments, projects funded, or any other update)
- Letter of support from Department Chair, Program Director, or AHS member
- A demonstrated interest in headache medicine
- Completion of statement of interest and financial disclosure form
Applications will be reviewed and rated according to the following:
- Academic history and productivity
- Field of study
- Place of study
- Quality of research to date (if any)
- Potential for the applicant to provide leadership in headache medicine and make meaningful contributions to headache research and/or clinical care for many years
Through submission of an optional research proposal, selected applicants may be eligible to receive a $10,000 grant to fund their research project, and those selected will be invited to present at the 64th Annual Scientific Meeting in 2022.
Accepted applicants will also receive a one-year AHS Trainee membership if not already a member of AHS, or a one-year extension of their existing AHS Trainee membership and complimentary registration to the 64th Annual Scientific Meeting in 2022.
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted no later than Monday, December 21, 2020.
Please check back in early 2021.