October 26, 2020
Hackensack University Medical Center:
Nationally Recognized in Neurosciences
The Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases led by Martin Gizzi, MD, PhD, at the Department of Neurology, Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC), a major academic medical center within the Hackensack Meridian Health Network (HMH), seeks a full time Vascular Neurologist to join its Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. The successful candidate will have completed a residency in Neurology and an ACGME accredited fellowship in Vascular Neurology.
HUMC is one of the 3 principal teaching hospitals for the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine and for the HMH network. It features 775 beds and sees some 900 annual stroke admission, many transferred from its affiliated spoke Primary Stroke Centers. The stroke unit is staffed by APNs 24/7. Stroke APNs provide support to the stroke service on all units. The Department of Neurosurgery has a highly experienced team of neurosurgeons and interventional surgical neuroradiologists providing care to patients with large vessel occlusions, intracerebral hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhage. The neurocritical care program is currently witnessing a major expansion in depth & breadth & bed capacity. Night call is facilitated by the availability of telemedicine robots to all members of the stroke service. Outpatient stroke clinics provide consultation for complex stroke diagnoses as well as follow-up for discharged patients. Stroke APNs staff a TIA clinic 5 days per week. Teaching responsibilities include stroke neurology training of medical students, internal medicine & nurse practitioner residents.
HMH is the largest, most comprehensive and integrated network in New Jersey with more than 500 patient care and physician practice locations throughout the state. It comprises 17 hospitals from Bergen to Ocean counties, includes 3 academic medical centers (all featuring Comprehensive Stroke Centers), has over 35,000 team members and over 7,000 physicians. HUMC is one of only 5 academic medical centers in the nation to receive Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospital’s Award for 5 consecutive years. Four HMH hospitals are among the top 10 in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report and HUMC consistently achieves Magnet recognition for nursing excellence. HUMC is located 8 m west of Northern Manhattan.
The successful candidate will possess following qualifications:
• Excellent clinical skills
• Fellowship trained in Vascular Neurology
• Board Certified in Neurology & Board Certified/Eligible in Vascular Neurology
• Ability to obtain professional licensure, DEA and CDS licenses in New Jersey
• Track record of teaching medical and graduate students and residents
• Track record of scholarship
• Eligibility for a faculty appointment at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine; faculty rank commensurate with experience & publication record
Neurosciences at HUMC:
• Has been recognized among the Top 50 Adult Neurology & Neurosurgery programs in U.S. News & World Report for six of the past seven years
• Has 60+ Team Members – Prominent programs include Headache, ALS, Movement Disorders, Epilepsy, Hereditary Neuropathy, Neurosurgery, Memory Disorders, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Ophthalmology, MS, Concussion, Counseling & Neuro-Psychology
• Active Clinical Research Unit led by physician-director with 2 coordinators & multiple ongoing sponsored & investigator-initiated research projects in MS, Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Hereditary Neuropathy, Memory Disorder & Movement Disorders
HMH offers competitive compensation and a robust benefits package
Submit your CV for immediate consideration to:
Carol A. Petite, B.S., M.T., AASPR
Corporate Physician Recruiter
T: 732.751.3569 | F: 732.361.9122 | C: 732.673.5000