University of Minnesota Physicians – Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner – Minneapolis, MN
July 11, 2022
Neurology (Headache Care)
University of Minnesota Physicians – Minneapolis, MN
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine!
We are seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join the M Health Fairview Neurology team. In this role, you will work as part of a collaborative team of physicians, APPs and administrative staff to provide comprehensive headache care within the Neuroscience Service line. Patients are cared for at the M Health Fairview Neurology Clinic – Edina. This position is outpatient focused and does not have inpatient responsibilities.
- Join a multidisciplinary team caring for headache including physicians, nurse practitioner and a pharmacist.
- Provide outpatient care for a variety of patients with headaches from a variety of etiologies.
- Ongoing collaboration with a neurology team focused on headache care.
- Collaboration with Physical medicine and rehabilitation, dental school and ophthalmology to manage complex patients is common.
- Ability to train and subsequently perform botulinum toxin injections for migraine sufferers.
- Leadership within the multi-professional clinic caring for this patient population.
- Potential to participate in clinical research.
- Ability to have virtual clinics as part of practice
- Monday – Friday
- 1.0 FTE with some scheduling flexibility including ability to have virtual clinic as part of practice
- No weekend or holiday requirement
- May have some cross coverage at the University location
The PA or NP is an experienced member of the health care team who uses advanced practice skills with the collaboration of licensed physicians to provide comprehensive headache care to our patients. This includes but is not limited to the independent assessment of primarily established and some new patient visits. The PA or NP functions as a communication liaison between patient/family, consultants, and multi-professional teammates.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday with no nights or weekend coverage
What We Offer:
We’re proud to offer competitive compensation and a market-leading benefits package to support our employees and their families. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some important highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- CME reimbursement, concierge services and a well-being allowance.
A qualified candidate will be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and formal Nurse Practitioner training program or a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program. Have a current MN RN license and be approved or eligible by the Minnesota Board of Nursing for prescription writing privileges or a current PA license with prescriptive authority through the MN Board of Medical Practice. Be certified through ANA / AANC or eligible for ANA/AANC national exam or through the NCCPA and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
3 years as an advanced practice provider experience in a neurologic care setting is preferred. New graduates with an interest in neurology are encouraged to apply.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You will find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country’s best bike trails!