Outpatient Neurology APP, Headache – Novant Health Medical Group – Wilmington, NC
August 25, 2022
Novant Health Medical Group – Coastal Region is seeking an experienced Neurology Clinic Advanced Practice Provider to care for headache patients in the outpatient setting in our Wilmington and Brunswick Forest locations. Through the use of interdisciplinary teamwork and comprehensive knowledge, the Neuro Clinic Advanced Practice Provider will provide services to headache patients with compassion and empathy. We are looking for a patient-focused, compassionate, caring and honest provider who enjoys a care team approach, educating patients and is committed to the health and wellness of not only our patients but the communities from which they come. This is a 100% outpatient role with no weekend or holiday hours. We will consider FT and PT applicants.
Being a Southern coastal town, Wilmington offers a variety of activities: historic downtown, Thalian Hall performing arts center, beaches and water activities, fishing, nightlife, golf, tennis and great restaurants. Our community offers many family oriented events, festivals and activities. Additionally, area schools are identified as some of the top in the state while the local university UNC Wilmington “UNC by the Sea” provides further educational opportunities.
Novant Health benefits:
- NH Medical Group employed
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group:
- One of the largest medical groups in the nation.
- Offers resiliency training for providers and team members to prevent burnout.
- Established the ODYSSEY program to enhance the new physician and APP experience by empowering our providers to connect, explore and evolve within a culture of continuous learning and teamwork to build a high performing provider network.
- Instituted an APP Council that partners with leaders to improve APP clinical performance and consistency, create a community of practice that enhances experience, engagement and growth, fully integrate APPs into the care team, and set standards for APP practice.
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems.
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2021, Novant Health was the highest-ranking healthcare system in North Carolina to be included on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Diversity MBA Magazine ranked Novant Health first in the nation on its 2021 list of “Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work.”
- In 2020, Novant Health provided more than $1.02 billion in community benefit, including financial assistance and services.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.
Education: Master’s degree required. Either a graduate of an NCCPA accredited physician assistant program, or NP or post Master’s NP program required.
Experience: One to three years of experience working in neurology preferred. Headache experience preferred.
Licensure/certification/registration: Current PA or NP license in appropriate state or current NP license in appropriate state, registry w/state medical board, and current DEA registry required.
Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to work with management team and physicians; demonstrated customer service skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.