July 29, 2019
Department of Neurology
Brown Neurology/Alpert Medical School
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Brown Neurology is seeking a full-time faculty person to be a Migraine Specialist in the Department of Neurology. This position will be an Endowed Chair through the Alpert Medical School to develop a multidisciplinary academic Migraine program. He/she will qualify for appointment at the rank appropriate to experience and accomplishments, up to Professor level. The individual selected must have a record of accomplishment in scholarly productivity appropriate to the academic rank of initial appointment. The successful candidate must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Neurology and specialize in Headache. Headache Fellowship training (or Equivalent) and research experience in Migraine required.
The Migraine Specialist will participate in the educational programs in Neurology for medical students and residents as well as other staff members at Rhode Island Hospital. The successful applicant will be expected to be a productive scholar and will be provided with opportunities for research. The Migraine Specialist will collaborate with the other faculty and the Chairperson of the Department of Neurology in educational programs, scholarly work and clinical activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- Must be Board Certified in Neurology.
- Training in research, with an emphasis on Migraine is required.
- Headache Fellowship training desirable.
- Must demonstrate excellence as a teacher of Neurology.
- Must be an accomplished clinician able to serve as a teaching role model for pre-doctoral and post-doctoral medical students, interns and residents. Must show promise of developing and/or continuing an ongoing record of scholarly productivity through research or other means appropriate to the academic rank and to timely academic promotion.
- Administrative experience and accomplishment will also be strongly considered.
- Will report to the Neurologist-in-Chief, Rhode Island Hospital for clinical responsibilities.
- Will support and expand a research program at Rhode Island Hospital.
- For purposes of reappointment, promotion, and ongoing teaching, the candidate will be responsible to the Chairperson, Department of Neurology, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
Please forward all inquires to Felicia Catallozzi at Felicia.Catallozzi@lifespan.org