Medical College of Wisconsin – Headache Medicine Physician – Milwaukee, WI
June 16, 2022
The Department of Neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is seeking a Board Certified / Board Eligible Headache Medicine Physician at the Assistant to Full Professor level to augment our clinical, teaching and research programs. Join us in transforming health care and connecting communities to the best of academic medicine as we provide exceptional care to diverse communities in the greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin region!
- Join the largest and most comprehensive Neurology group in the state of Wisconsin, with programs in Adult Neurology, Child Neurology, and Neuropsychology with more than 70 faculty
- Largest headache medicine program in Wisconsin
- Team of 3 board-certified/board eligible headache medicine faculty physicians and 3 advanced practice providers
- Full-time dedicated headache pain psychologist faculty member in the program
- UCNS-accredited Headache Medicine fellowship
- Active clinical trials and research unit
- Mentor, teach, and train neurology residents
- Extensive investments in the Neuroscience Institute
- Cross-department collaborations in our comprehensive program, working with the Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Otolaryngology.
Education, training, and experience required
- Board Certified / Board Eligible
- UCNS Headache Medicine Board Certification or Board Eligible
- Successful record of clinical excellence, research, and leadership, with a strong interest in teaching
- Wisconsin licensure or eligible for licensure
- Strong clinical abilities, well-refined interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and commitment to MCW’s academic missions
Medical college of Wisconsin
At the core of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is the pursuit of new knowledge and the power of academic medicine. Bringing together the world’s top scientists and clinicians, inspired students, and invested communities, we are driven to solve the most complex challenges in health and society. MCW is home to a diverse group of thought leaders collaborating to build a healthier world and a continuous cycle of life-changing knowledge.
As a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and health professionals, MCW is home to more than 1,500 students in the Medical, Graduate, and Pharmacy Schools, and over 900 physicians in residency and fellowship programs. Approximately 1,650 physicians, 750 nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other healthcare practitioners care for approximately 521,000 patients of all ages annually.
The beautiful, safe, and modern campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) houses Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Hospital and Health System, Curative Care, Blood Research Institute of Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. These member entities share a common mission of excellence in patient care, medical education, biomedical research, and community service.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Milwaukee is the largest city in Wisconsin and the 23rd largest city in the United States. It is home to corporate headquarters for industry leaders including Northwestern Mutual, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Harley Davidson, and others. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens and parks, and Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens. The population of the City of Milwaukee is approximately 600,000 and approximately 1.8 million people live in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW’s functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested candidates should contact:
Jennifer Scherer, Senior Physician Recruiter