Headache Neurologist

February 12, 2018

The University of California, Davis, Department of Neurology is seeking a board eligible/certified Headache Neurologist for a full time faculty position in the UC Davis School of Medicine in Sacramento, CA.
The Department of Neurology is nationally ranked in USN&WR and UC Davis is ranked one of the top 10 public universities in the United States. As a Level 1 Trauma Center UCDHS has the largest catchment area of the academic medical centers in California located in the fast-growing greater Sacramento region. The UC Davis Headache Clinic has grown substantially in the last few years to a busy clinical operation of excellence with all modalities of therapy.

RESPONSIBILITIES: This faculty position requires a primary interest in clinical practice and the education of medical students, residents, and fellows. Clinical responsibilities include 70% effort in the new, state-of-the-art outpatient Neurology clinic focusing on neurologic headache and facial pain. The remaining 30% clinical effort will consist of general neurology, supervision of medical students and neurology residents in the outpatient clinic, and inpatient attending service. Research is not required but strongly encouraged; especially clinical research. The faculty member will also be expected to provide university/public service.
The academic rank of the position is commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications of the applicant.

BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess an MD or DO degree; be board certified in Neurology by the ABPN; be certified or eligible in Headache Medicine through the UCNS; and be qualified to obtain a California medical license. The ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment is required.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates with experience in chemodenervation, various cranial nerve blocks, Neurostimulation, infusion protocols as well as inpatient management of headache syndromes, and facial pain are preferred.

APPLICATION PROCESS: To receive full consideration, applications must be received by March 14, 2018. However, the position will be open until filled through June 30, 2018. Interested applicants should submit: 1) cover letter 2) curriculum vita; and, 3) names of three references including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses. All materials must be submitted using the following application link: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF01870