Full-Time Psychologist ( PhD/PsyD)- The Institute of Living/Hartford Hospital – West Hartford, CT
May 31, 2023
The Division of Health Psychology at the Institute of Living/Hartford Hospital is pleased to announce a position opening for a full-time psychologist (PhD/PsyD) to support the Hartford HealthCare Ayer Neuroscience Institute’s Headache Center. Located in West Hartford, CT, the Headache Center is staffed by specialists in headache medicine who collaborate with experts in rehabilitation, behavioral health, sleep medicine, and nutrition to provide the highest-quality patient care. The Headache Center is dedicated to excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of people with headache disorders, as well as advancing knowledge of headache through research and innovation in clinical practice.
The psychologist in the Headache Center is an integral and collaborative team member and will work closely with neurologists, advanced practice providers, and nurse specialists. They will also be a key stakeholder in a monthly multidisciplinary clinical council which includes specialists in rehabilitation, nutrition, radiology, women’s health, maternal and fetal medicine, obesity medicine, sleep medicine, and other behavioral health providers. The psychologist will lead a program which seeks to support the behavioral health needs of this patient population, including evidence-based treatments for headache disorders, treatment of co-occurring mood and anxiety disorders, and strategies to promote health behavior changes, including insomnia, obesity, and physical activity. Ideal candidates will have experience providing cognitive behavioral therapy interventions in medical and general mental health populations, including relaxation skills training/mindfulness-based interventions, stress management, lifestyle changes, and principles related to pain management. Experience in treating headache disorders is preferred but not required. There are also significant opportunities for research within the clinical setting, if the psychologist has some experience and/or interest in this area.
1. Providing brief, evidence-based psychological interventions (individual and group) to adults with headache disorders and psychological comorbidities (i.e. depression, anxiety, adjustment, insomnia).
2. Screening of patients for additional comorbidities which may warrant additional referrals, including post-traumatic stress disorder and substance abuse.
3. Collaboration and consultation with medical providers regarding best care practices for this patient population.
4. Independent maintenance of treatment records and timely documentation.
5. Effective utilization of screening measures and assessment tools.
6. Data management including tracking symptoms and treatment outcomes.
7. Participating in monthly psychology team meetings and journal club presentations.
8. Participating in monthly headache clinical council meetings.
9. Opportunities may exist for the provision of clinical supervision of psychology trainees and educational experiences to interdisciplinary professionals within the clinic.
10. Development and implementation of psychoeducational materials for use in the medical setting.
11. Significant opportunities for research, if desired.
o Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD) or Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD) from an APA-accredited institution.
o APA-approved internship in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Health Psychology.
o Licensed to practice Psychology in the State of Connecticut.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Self-directed and capable of working independently.
o Spanish language proficiency is valued.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, the Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
o Medical and dental benefits
o 401(k) plan with employer match
o Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
o Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Please contact Dr. Ila Sabino at 860-545-7948 or email@example.com with any questions or apply directly at https://www.hhccareers.org/jobs/12801558-psychologist-phd-or-psyd-ayer-neuroscience-institute-headache-center.