BE/ BC Inpatient Trained Neurologist- The Neurosciences Institute – Cabarrus- Concord, NC/ The Neurosciences Institute – Charlotte, NC
March 7, 2023
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite a BE/BC inpatient trained Neurologist to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together with our Neurohospitalist team at The Neurosciences Institute – Cabarrus located in Concord, NC and The Neurosciences Institute – Charlotte located in Charlotte, NC.
Atrium Health Neurosciences Institute combines the latest treatments and technologies with advanced research and renowned specialty programs to provide the region’s most comprehensive care for brain, spine, and nervous system disorders.
Atrium Health administers the largest stroke network in the Charlotte metropolitan area-a 16 county area with a population of over 3 million individuals, and one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The hub of our nationally recognized stroke care system is the George Shinn Comprehensive Stroke Center, at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.
In addition to stroke therapies, we offer expert treatment for the full range of conditions that affect the major arteries and blood flow in the brain.
- Major focus on inpatient neurology and helping transition of care to an outpatient setting
- Seeking a provider with strong acute stroke competencies
- Support growth of neurology/stroke services at Atrium Health facilities and stroke-related research and Tele-stroke services
- Provide remote stroke/neurology expertise to regional facilities
- 7 on/7 off work schedule with (provide night call coverage for APPs)
- This location will be covered by 4 Neurohospitalist MDs, 2 Neurohospitalist APPs
- Research opportunities available
- Establish protocols for standardized care across the continuum
- 24/7 interventional stroke coverage, MRI and emergency EEG coverage and in-house Critical Care and Internal Medicine Hospitalists
- All EEGs are read by epileptologists
- Collegial, team-oriented environment
- Educational opportunities with new Charlotte campus for Wake Forest School of Medicine to open in 2024
- Comprehensive benefit package including sign on and relocation allowance
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.
Applicants should contact Lenore Shannon at Lenore.Shannon@atriumhealth.org