AdventHealth Neurology – Winter Park, FL
February 14, 2022
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Lake Wales, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Neurology at Winter Park
Full Time Outpatient Opportunity for a PA or APRN
AdventHealth Neurology in Winter Park is in search of a neurology advanced practice provider to provide care to our diverse patient population. The ideal candidate would have some sort of exposure to Neurology whether as an RN or having experience was a provider.
General Summary: The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing history, physical examinations as needed and monitors neurology patients in the clinic setting:
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests
- Seeing patients with the following list of conditions: migraines, cluster headaches, tension-type headaches, paroxysmal hemicrania, new daily persistent headaches, pseudotumor cerebri, headaches in pregnancy and occipital neuralgia.
- Performing DBS titration
- Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Always Displaying a caring and professional attitude as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
- Campuses covered Winter Park and Innovation Tower in Orlando
- Monday – Friday: Fulltime
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- 2-4 years of experience as an APP provider in Neurology, Specializing in Headache Medicine
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- Certification through the ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent certification body)
- Current BLS required
For more information or to submit your CV directly:
phone: (407) 200-2700